Children's Centre - North Allerdale (Wigton)
North Allerdale Children’s Centre (Wigton) serves a large rural area. The main centre is based in the market town of Wigton located in one main building on the Greenacres housing estate. Within the building is a children’s room and small meeting room on the first floor accessed via a staircase. There is no lift access to the first floor.
Open: Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm
The day to day management and provision of service delivery across North Allerdale Children’s Centre (Wigton) is the responsibility of Barnardo’s as part of the Early Help and Outreach contract which was awarded by Cumbria County Council in April 2015. Through this contract Barnardo’s Children’s Centres in Allerdale provide Early Help and Outreach services for families with children up to the age of 12 years old.
We are committed to working together in partnership with families, communities and other agencies to encourage each child and their family to fulfil their potential.
Services that the Children’s Centre delivers include:
- Focus Family and Home based family support for individual families.
- A range of different parenting programmes from antenatal through to parenting primary aged children.
- Adult learning courses ranging from confidence building to employability.
- Early years services for children aged 0-4 years which promote readiness for school and parental engagement.
- Short break services for young children with additional needs.
- Emotional resilience work with primary aged children individually and in groups.
- Forest School and play sessions for vulnerable children aged 5-12 years in holiday periods.
Find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barnardos-Allerdale-Childrens-Centres/1472304749731407 and ‘like’ our page to keep up to date with information.
Who to contact
- 016973 43870
Where to go
- CA7 9SA
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (5-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)