Free online counselling service now available for adults in Cumbria
Qwell is a free online counselling and emotional well-being support platform available for adults aged 18+ in Cumbria. It also provides support to the one in eight adults who care for an ill, older or disabled family member, friend or partner.
Qwell is a safe, anonymous and confidential service funded by Cumbria County Council. The platform is accessible 24/7 and counsellors are online between 12pm-10pm Monday – Friday, and 6pm – 10pm Saturday and Sunday.
Qwell removes many of the barriers to accessing mental health support, including stigma, cost, wait times and feelings that symptoms are not severe enough to warrant help.
Our friendly counsellors are there to provide counselling, support, advice and information about any issue you may have. They are specially trained and follow BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) guidelines and code of ethics. They can also refer you on to other agencies in Cumbria who can provide specialist support and advice if needed. All of your information on Qwell is secure, anonymous and confidential.
- Text-based 1:1 online counselling sessions with a fully trained counsellor, through either drop-in or pre-booked chats
- Counselling is evidence-based and uses outcome tools to track your progress.
- You can message counsellors outside of the counselling times, for counselling and admin purposes
- Read useful self-help articles and resources on a range of topics
- Join moderated online forums and discussions with other Qwell users