Maryport Victoria Cottage Hospital
Victoria Cottage Hospital in Maryport is a 13 bed GP/nurse-led unit providing medical, nursing, rehabilitation and end-of-life care to the local adult population.
The service focuses on patient-centred care tailored to the individual needs of the patients. It was part of a national Intergrated Care Organisation pilot, which ended early 2011. The pilot enabled the integration of teams working across different areas of community services (inpatient areas, minor injury unit, district nursing, and therapy team). Home Care Practitioners and Rehabilitation Assistants are roles which have developed from the Integrated Care Organisation. These staff support all the teams within the hospital to ensure that patients can be cared for at home and enable safe and effective discharges
The hospital also provides a nurse-led Minor Injuries service, which is open seven days a week (including bank holidays) from 8.30am - 9pm.
The Matron is responsible for the management of the ward and minor injuries, community nursing, the therapy team, hotel services/catering and admin.
Visiting times exist in order to maintain a patient's privacy and dignity during doctors ward rounds and ensure mealtimes are protected. They are:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 2.30pm - 3.30pm
Monday - Sunday: 7pm - 8pm
Other services provided within the hospital are:
- ESP - Extended Scope Physiotherapy
- Minor Surgical Services - complex minor ops, vasectomy and carpal tunnel
- Musculoskeletal services - for predominantly adults in the Physiotherapy Department
- Therapy /Rehablilitation Centre- Tuesday and Friday, promoting rehabilitation and enablement of patients to regain and enhance skills to help maintain independence
- District Nurse Clinics - assessments of leg ulcers, dressings and fitting of prescription stockings
- Health Visiting
- Speech and Language Services
- Midwifery Services
- Stop Smoking Clinics (weekly)
- Citizens Advice Clinics (bi-monthly)
Who to contact
Fax: 01900 817169
Where to go
- CA15 8EJ