Dane Ghyll Community Primary School
Dane Ghyll School is located on the edge of Barrow-in-Furness, near to Furness General Hospital and Furness Abbey. We provide an inspiring education in a safe, caring environment, enriching the lives of the children who attend our school.
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- A broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
- An enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits
- A rich, varied and up-to-date range of learning resources
- Quality teaching which involves children in their learning
- A warm, caring ethos, which supports, challenges and encourages children to succeed
- A learning partnership between school, home and the community
Who to contact
Where to go
- LA14 4PG
Once a child is recognised as in need of extra support, then the class teacher will take this in to account in the classroom, supporting the child within their own existing resources. For example, this may be achieved with the aid of the class teaching assistant or providing appropriate work at their level.
This is the first line ofsupport that the school will offer children. It is also often the most crucial, as it allows the child to access their day-to-day learning and education. Parents will be involved at all stages. The special needs support will run alongside normal classroom activities.
- Contact Name
- Mrs C. Friend (SENCo)
- Contact Telephone
- 01229 830201
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (5-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)