Social Club at the Marchesi, Windermere
Anita Baxter, former Social Worker has taken over as co-ordinator of the Social Club, formerly the CAMEO club.
Regular support from Nigel, Fiona, Joan, Beryl, Georgina and Kath.
The club runs from 10am to 3pm on Mondays and Fridays, and we hope to increase to 3 days a week from June 2016.
The club is open to local residents over 55 years old and members can drop in for the morning, lunch, afternoon sessions or stay all day.
Our transport service is provided by a local taxi firm and available to all members who live within a 5 mile radius.
In addition, all members can register themselves on the 'occasional users' transport list and take lifts to or from the club if the weather is poor or they are feeling unwell.
What does our Social Club offer
- a programme of stimulating activities
- a warm, safe and comfortable environment
- trained staff and volunteers who are there to offer support as required
- a freshly cooked 2 course lunch
- professional experience of supporting older people
- advice / information on support services
- ongoing reviews to ensure we meet the changing needs of the members
- respite for carers
- professional experience of caring for people with early dementia
- Advocacy service available for an extra charge
- Further Social Support service also available ie for outings, appointments, social stimulation, shopping etc
How to Apply to attend the Social Club
Self referrals are welcomed and referrals can also be made by social workers, GPs, family and friends. We will arrange for members and carers to visit the Club and discuss their needs.
Support plans are negotiated for each member as part of our referral and assessment process. They are reviewed regularly to ensure the club meets the changing needs of both the members and carers as deemed appropriate.
All enquiries should be directed to Anita Baxter on 07874009808
Or please call in and say hello.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- ANITA BAXTER
- Contact Position
Where to go
- MARCHESI CENTRE
Social Club 55
- LA23 2AF
To support carers with respite breaks
£5 an hour
£30 full day including lunch and taxi door to door (5 mile radius)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ALSO
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, FRIDAYS
- Session Information
OPEN 10AM TO 3PM
- Age Ranges
- 55 upwards
- Referral Details
Referrals from family, friends, Professionals considered