The Council for Disabled Children have now received 1,000 individual independent responses via “SurveyMonkey” from parents and young people on their experience of Independent Support, which is pretty impressive.
Headline messages are as follows:
- Over 60% felt the work with Independent Supporters was extremely useful, 30% felt it was very useful
- Over 86% found the support they received had a positive impact
- Over 96% confirmed that support was available when they needed it
- Nearly 73% would recommend the Independent Support service
- 85% felt they needed support with EHC planning in the future
- 85% felt the referral process was easy
- 53% received IS during Transition from a statement/LDA; other an EHC assessment
- 77% felt they were fully able to express their views and were listened to throughout the process
- For more information, this link will take you to some quotes received from parents and young people via the survey demonstrating their experience of the Independent Support service.
In Cumbria, Inspira works in partnership with the Cumbria SENDIASS to recruit volunteers and deliver the Independent Support Service. More information including all contact details can be found on the Inspira website.