Skip to main content

Contact a Member of the SEND Team

Who can I talk to?

If you think your child may have special educational needs, contact the Special Needs Co-ordinator or SENCo in your child's school or nursery.

If you wish to discuss your child's needs, please contact the Special Educational Needs and Disability Teams, whose contact details are below:

01229 407403 for Barrow and South Lakeland or at
01946 506211 for Allerdale and Copeland or at
01228 226843 for Carlisle and Eden or at

Our Cumbria SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SEND IAS) can also give you advice about SEN.

Access to the SEND Social Work Service is initially through contacting the central hub on:  0300 303 8165 

Forwarding information to the SEND Teams

Please forward infomation securely via Egress to the local Inclusion Service as follows: 

Allerdale and Copeland 
West Cumbria House, Jubilee Road, Workington, CA14 4HB

Barrow and South Lakes
Barrow: 4th Floor, Craven House, Michaelson Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 1FD
Kendal: County Offices, Busher Walk, Kendal, LA9 4RQ

Carlisle and Eden
Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CA1 1RD


Back to top