Skip to main content

Registering a Disabled Child and Arranging a Needs Assessment

Cumbria's Children's Disability Register

Registering your child on the Cumbria's Children's Disability Register helps us identify and plan for the needs of children and young people with disabilities, their parents and carers.

The register also operates as a contact list to provide information and consultation about short break opportunities, through our SEND Teams.

Registration is voluntary and is not linked to or a requirement of receiving social care services, which are assessed separately.

To register your child, please download and complete the registration form (located on the right-hand side) and return to one of the following area teams:  

Allerdale and Copeland 
West Cumbria House, Jubilee Road, Workington, CA14 4HB

Barrow and South Lakes
Barrow: 4th Floor, Craven House, Michaelson Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 1FD
Kendal: County Offices, Busher Walk, Kendal, LA9 4RQ

Carlisle and Eden
Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CA1 1RD

Needs Assessment

Your child may be eligible for support from social services.  Because we can only help those most in need, we first carry out an initial assessment.  If this shows you are eligible, we will refer you and your family for a further assessment to find out what your needs are and if we can help.

Please visit the Early Help webpages for more information. 

If we aren't able to help, we will always try to refer you to other sources of support or help.

Back to top