Please click on the headings above to access further information and resources.
The Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Team work with children aged 0-19. We can help you support your child's speech, language and communication development. We can also help you support your child if they are having eating or drinking difficulties.
Your child may be having difficulties with:
- early communication skills including making eye contact, pointing, babbling, responding to you
- learning and remembering new words
- learning new sounds
- joining words together to form sentences
- understanding what people say to them
- interacting with others
- voice quality
- using alternative and augmentative communication (hi and low tech AAC)
- eating and drinking
The Communication Pyramid above shows the different areas of speech, language and communication development.
Children and young people are developing their skills in all areas at the same time. Skills at lower levels support skills further up the pyramid.
A child or young person may need support in one area or across levels.
If you have the QR scanner app uploaded to your mobile phone, please scan the dinasaur image which will save the page link as a contact to your phone.