Skip to main content

I need help right now


If you need emergency services you may need to contact one of the following:

  • NHS Phone 999 if someone is having a life threatening or medical emergency
  • NHS phone 111 if someone is having an urgent medical problem
  • Police phone 999 if someone is in immediate danger – Police phone 999
  • Safeguarding hub phone 0333 240 1727 if a child is at risk of significant harm (e.g. physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect are categories of significant harm.) N.B. Harm is defined as the ill treatment or impairment of health and development

Crisis Assessment and Intervention Service

If emergency services aren’t suitable, then there are other places where you can get support. The Children and Mental Health SCAMHS Crisis Assessment and Intervention Service offers short-term help in times of crisis. Although they deal with crises related to mental health they can still offer different types of support depending on the presenting need, e.g:

  • give advice/information/behavioural strategies
  • help with signposting to other services
  • help with mental health assessments
  • help with risk assessments
  • help with safety plans
  • work with the team around the family

How to access the service: South Cumbria (including Millom):

Any parent/carer can ring for help on Freephone 0800 953 0110  24/7, 7 days a week. (Note - outside of the hours of 9am to 6pm the line is transferred over to the adult mental health liaison team). 

How to access the service North and West Cumbria:

Any parent/carer can ring for help on 0300 123 90150 or Freephone 0800 652 2865 24/7, 7 days a week.

Back to top