What does this look like?
Children and young people have said they maybe feeling or showing the following:
- Persistent/ongoing sleep issues, eg: not getting to sleep until early hours/disturbing dreams/waking in the night.
- Extreme lethargy, consistently having days off, not wanting to go to school/can't be bothered, off ill regularly, not managing a full day.
- Academically struggling, high personal expectations or high parental expectations.
- Stopped going to things or is consistently missing activities, can't be bothered/no energy, shutting out family and friends, not wanting to go out.
- Increasingly engaging in risk taking behaviours and encouraging others to take part, eg: alcohol, inappropriate sexual behaviour.
- Struggling to control temper when talking to friends and family, inappropriate relationships, vagueness of what they are doing/going.
- Crisis - where young people feel they are in a mental health crisis, referrals can be made by any professional, family member, carer or young person.
Who can help me and how do I contact them?
- CAMHS - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services is an assessment and treatment service for young people experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties, such as:
- Severe or persistent anxiety; obsessive compulsive disorder/body dysmorphic disorder where impacts of daily life; depression where impacts of daily life; self-harm, injury and suicidal behaviour; eating difficulties and disorders; ADHD/ADD where impacts of daily life; attachment difficulties where impacts of daily life; trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- To contact the North CAMHS team, and for referral information please go to their website for further information or call:
- West Team – 01900705800
- East Team – 01228603017
- Please phone if you have any queries, we are available between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- To contact the South CAMHS team or send referral information, please go to their website or:
- Email email@example.com.
- Please phone 01229 402696 if you have any queries, we are available between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.