When a child has complex health needs or multiple disabilities there may be a large number of people providing support and services for them.
Children and Centres can support to bring together parents, carers and practitioners from health, education, social care and the voluntary sector to:
- coordinate services as early as possible through a key-working approach
- make sure everyone involved is aware of the overall needs of the child and the family
- reduce the need for parents or carers to explain their situation more than once
We can support families with children who:
- have a complex or multiple needs relating to their learning or physical development that are persistent and ongoing
- are receiving, or are about to receive, multi-agency input from two or more targeted services
Children Centre staff can help you with information about local services and activities for parents of children with disabilities or additional needs, access specialist toys and give advice on benefits that you may be entitled to.
Children Centre Services in Cumbria are delivered through commissioned arrangements with Third Sector Providers via Early Help (0 to 12) contracts. The current Providers are: