Here is a short video put together by The Council for Disabled Children have put together an Education, Health and Care Plan Pathway Video, which animates what an EHCP is and who it is for.
You can also download our supporting EHCP Guidance for Parents and Carers [PDF 143KB] and our Quick Guide of What is Included in an EHC Plan [PDF 102KB]
You can talk to your:
- Health Visitor,
- Child's teacher or teaching assistant
- Nursery worker
- Your local children's centre
All the above will be able to give you advice and guidance.
If you are a young person up to the age of 25 years and concerned about your own learning needs, you can talk to your:
- Education setting or training provider
The SEND IAS service can also provide further help. Here is a short video put together by The Council for Disabled Children explaining the SEND IAS service and how they can help.
If you wish to discuss your child's needs, please contact us via the numbers below:
- 01229 407403 for Barrow and South Lakeland
- 01946 506211 for Allerdale and Copeland
- 01228 226843 for Carlisle and Eden