Skip to main content


  1. Apply for a School Place

    [This will take you to Cumbria County Council's website]

  2. School Term and Holiday Dates

    [This will take you to Cumbria County Council's website]

  3. School Admissions for Specialist Provisions in Cumbria for Children and Young People with an EHCP

  4. Specialist Provision

  5. Out of County Independent School Provision

  6. Virtual School for Children Looked After

  7. School Transport

    [PDF 374KB] - this policy is currently under review

  8. Hospital and Home Tuition Service (HHTS)

  9. Cumbria Careers Information Advice and Guidance - Inspira

Changes to support young people in Education with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) were introduced.  In England, Statements of Special Educational Needs and Learning Difficulty Assessments have now been replaced by Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).

In Cumbria, there is the Early Help Assessment process to support all children with additional needs.  If you have any concerns about your child's development, talk to the educational setting (early years setting, school or further education provider) in the first instance.  Your child/young person's SENCO will be able to help with any questions you may have.

Please view all our educational settings where you will find how each setting support children with special education needs.  You can also find further information in our SEND Handbook.

Ofsted explain why thinking about curriculum intent implementation and impact is so important for children and learners with SEND.

Back to top