Skip to main content

Advice and Information on Education, Health and Care Plans

What is an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)?

The Council for Disabled Children have put together an Education, Health and Care Plan Pathway Video, which animates what an EHCP is and who it is for. 

You can talk to your:

  • Doctor
  • Health Vistor,
  • Child's teacher  or teaching assistant
  • Nursery worker
  • Your local children's centre

All the above will be able to give you advice and guidance.

If you are a young person up to the age of 25 years  and concerned about your own learning needs, you can talk to your:

  • Doctor
  • Education setting or training provider
  • Employer

The SEND IAS service can also provide further help.

If you wish to discuss your child's needs, please contact us via the numbers below:

  • 01229 407403 for Barrow and South Lakeland
  • 01946 506211 for Allerdale and Copeland
  • 01228 226843 for Carlisle and Eden 

Specialist SEND Support

Short Breaks

Back to top