Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 116 records in your current search
 Directory results

0 to 19 Child and Family Support Services

Supporting children and families in Allerdale, Barrow, Carlisle and Copeland, Eden and South Lakeland. Allerdale activities and services Barrow activities and services Carlisle activities and services Copeland activities and services Eden activities and services South Lakeland activities and services Information on services and activities available…

30 Hours Free Childcare for 3 and 4 year olds

The universal entitlement for all 3 and 4 years olds is 15 hours per week for 38 weeks (570 hours) of early education. The extended entitlement provides an additional 15 hours for children where parents are eligible. The 30 hour free childcare extended entitlement is…

30 Hours Free Childcare Frequently Asked Questions

The 30 hour extended entitlement can be confusing and overwhelming for a parent.  Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and find details of additional support.   

Adult Social Care Support and Assessment

Adult Social Care is responsible for providing you with help to access the care and support that you need. Following the introduction of the Care Act 2014, we must provide a wider range of care and support than we did before. This includes helpingpeople who…

Amending an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)

Amending - when and why? An amendment to an existing Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan should usually occur after an annual review when there are significant changes identified to the current EHC Plan  Education, Health and Care Plans will always be amended in preparation…

Annual health checks for young people with a learning disability

<< Go Back People with a learning disability often have poorer physical and mental health than other people. This does not need to be the case. Annual health checks are for adults and young people aged 14 or over with a learning disability. An annual…

Becoming a Registered Childminder

If you are thinking about registering as a childminder you need to have undertaken training and suitability checks. If you want to be paid to look after children under 8 years old for more than 2 hours a day, you must: Register with Ofsted on the…

Benefits and Grants Calculators

Listed below are links to find what benefits are available and you can use the calculators to find out how much you may be entitled to: Teenage Parent's Benefits Finder Turn2us Benefits and Grants Calculator Entitled to Benefits Calculator - Tax Credits Calculator
Back to top