Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 146 records in your current search
 Directory results

Home Education

Please note - we are aware that we do not have any Education Other than in School (EOTAS) information available on this site.  A policy is currently being produced and once this becomes available, this will then be uploaded to the website and also advertised…

Home Learning - Special Educational Needs

<< Go Back Top Tips for learning at home during COVID-19 school closure. If you need more specific advice please contact your school's special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCo) or the SEND TST Specialist Advisory Teacher [PDF 189KB] if they are involved in providing support for your…

Home Learning and Time Together

Children who have the right learning experiences at home are likely to do better at school.  To find easy, fun ways to help your child click on the tiles below:       

Home to School Transport

<< Go Back Home to school transport for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities is provided by Cumbria County Council's School Transport Team.  Transport entitlement is identified by Children and Families Services Assessment Officers.

Hospital and Home Tuition Service

<< Go Back The Hospital and Home Tuition Service (HHTS) caters for young people aged between 7 and 16 who are unable to attend mainstream education due to a medical condition, meeting the following criteria: Absence from mainstream school for a period of 15 days,…

Hospital Passports

<< Go Back In collaboration with stakeholders University Hospital of Morecambe Trust (HMBT) have reviewed and designed a new digital version of patient child and adult hospital passports and the autism passport.

How to Access and Use the SEND Citizen Portal

<< Go Back The SEND Citizen Portal is a secure online resource which allows parents, carers and young people to provide input into the Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) as well as view documents shared by the Local Authority.

Ideas to develop a book area in your early years provision

Take a few minutes to stand back and look at your book area. Now consider the following: Is it being used? Is it being used by both boys and girls? Is it cosy and inviting? Is it a calm space? A designated book/story area is…

Identifying Young Children with SEND

Many children and young people have special educational needs (SEN) at some time during their education. A child or young person with SEN may find it harder to learn than other children of the same age. Special educational needs may include: behavioural or social, for…
Back to top