Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 200 records in your current search
 Directory results

Home Learning During COVID-19

Top Tips for learning at home during COVID-19 school closure. If you need more specific advice please contact your school's special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCo) or the SEND TST Specialist Advisory Teacher [PDF 189KB] if they are involved in providing support for your child/children: >> Home Learning…

Home to School Transport

Home to school transport for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities is provided by Cumbria County Council's School Transport Team.  Transport entitlement is identified by Children and Families Services Assessment Officers.

Hospital and Home Tuition Service

The Hospital and Home Tuition Service (HHTS) caters for young people aged between 7 and 16 who are unable to attend mainstream education due to a medical condition, meeting the following criteria: Absence from mainstream school for a period of 15 days, or more, as…

Hospital Passports

In collaboration with stakeholders University Hospital of Morecambe Trust (HMBT) have reviewed and designed a new digital version of patient child and adult hospital passports and the autism passport.

How to Access and Use the SEND Citizen Portal

The SEND Citizen Portal is a secure online resource which allows parents, carers and young people to provide input into the Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) as well as view documents shared by the Local Authority.

Ideas to develop a book area in your early years provision

Take a few minutes to stand back and look at your book area. Now consider the following: Is it being used? Is it being used by both boys and girls? Is it cosy and inviting? Is it a calm space? A designated book/story area is…

Identifying Young Children with SEND

Many children and young people have special educational needs (SEN) at some time during their education. A child or young person with SEN may find it harder to learn than other children of the same age. Special educational needs may include: behavioural or social, for…

Independent Living

From year 9 onwards, when young people start planning for their future, they should be given information about the support available to help with housing.  This includes benefits and funding available to support people with SEND to live independently, as well as personal budgets, community…

Information Service Leaflets, Newsletters and Posters

A range of information produced by the Children and Families Information Service to help parents and carers learn more about Early Years and Childcare
Back to top