Skip to main content

Advice Results

There are 114 records in your current search
 Directory results

Support for Families in Need

With the cost of living on the rise, there will be people in Cumbria who are struggling, whether that's emotionally, financially or just because they need practical help to get in touch and seek support. It can be daunting to search through what is on…

Supporting your Child's Education

You must make sure your child gets a full-time education that meets their needs.  Click on the tiles below: Other websites useful for parents supporting their child's education: Family Lives - supporting your child at school

Tax Free Childcare

If you're a working parent with children under 12 (or under 17 for disabled children), you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare. The government will top-up the money you pay into the account. For every £8 you pay in, the government…

Transitioning from Childrens to Adults

What is transition? The process leading up to a young person's move from school into adult life is called transition. It is essential that the voice of the young person and their family is heard and careful planning of process is key to helping all…

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It is paid monthly. It will replace the following benefits: Child Tax Credit Housing Benefit Income Support income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) Working Tax Credit If you currently receive…

Useful Apprenticeship & Training Information

To receive notifications of apprenticeships and vacancies, please contact Inspira Advice Services: National Apprenticeship Website: Many national and local companies recruit through this website - you can apply for vacancies once you have registered.  You can 'search' for vacancies by type, by postcode or county.  …
Back to top