Carlisle Youth Zone
Carlisle Youth Zone is a safe and fun environment where the potential of young people is developed and fulfilled.
We are open 6 nights a week and during school holidays we run our successful Holiday Club. The Youth Zone provides a safe meeting place for young people, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, where they can, for a nominal entrance fee, participate in a wide range of positive activities. The Youth Zone also runs other targeted projects to improve the lives of those with additional needs, social and emotional needs and vulnerable young people in the area. We employ professional staff and recruit and train volunteers to work with them.
The Carlisle Youth Zone Junior Club is for anyone aged between 7 and 12 years old who wants to have a bit of fun.
Each night we have planned activities on – but we also like to go with the flow on the night – ensuring you have the maximum fun you can!
A couple of our most popular activities include our arts and crafts area, karaoke, our dance and drama activities, our pool tables, sports tournaments and let’s not forget our girly room (enter at your own risk – you will receive nails/ hair/ make up treatment in this room!)
Senior Club is open to Young people aged 12-18, and up to 25 years of age for young people who need additional support. Senior Club sessions run on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evening from 6.30pm – 9:00pm. Senior Club members are also able to access the gym on weekdays from 3:00pm – 5:30pm and a Saturday from 10:00am-1:00pm.
Carlisle Youth zone is a great facility where young people can come along and do as little or as much as they like. Our fantastic facility is made up of the following:
- Well Equipped Gym
- Hair & Beauty Room
- Music Studio with recording facilities
- 3G Football pitch
- Sports Hall with climbing wall
- Cafe with training equipment
- Arts & Crafts
- Dance & Drama
- Standard Recreation Area with table tennis, pool, table foosball & air hockey
- Gaming area with consoles
Anyone from year 8 upwards can access Senior Club for only 50p entry and £5 per year membership fee.
We are also able to offer the following to our Seniors:
- ‘Get a Future’ – A programme based on creating opportunities for employment, raising aspirations and exploring career choices.
- Young Leaders – A programme based on getting young people into positive volunteering opportunities with CYZ.
- E3 – A programme aiding employability skills in young people through the delivery of sports leaders and employability qualifications.
- Issue based workshops – small workshops based on relevant/trending issues with young people.
- Trips/Residentials – There are various opportunities to get involved in trips and residentials across the CYZ provision.
- Sporting competitions/tournaments – There are various opportunities to get involved in sporting competitions and tournaments both locally and nationally throughout the year.
Inclusion Club is for anyone (aged 8-25) who may need additional support. We are very proud of the fact a number of our inclusion members access our other Clubs.
The activities are the same, they just run in a slightly gentler and more focused environment. Staff and volunteers are on hand to tailor the activities so everyone can enjoy coming to CYZ.
CYZ runs our Inclusion Club alongside the mainstream offer, with activities adapted and support available for young people with additional needs or a disability.
We have a wide range of young people accessing the sessions with many different needs, mild learning difficulties to more complex needs such as visual impairment and physical disabilities. Young people are given the opportunity to access a range of activities including sports, karaoke, arts & crafts, cooking, music, gaming and much more.
Young people are able to access the sessions independently or if required they are able to come with carers or a family member.
CYZ offers a range of accessible spaces including a sensory room, sports hall and climbing wall, accessible gym, dance studio, arts and crafts area, boxing studio, outdoor kick pitch and a large rec area.
All activities provided can be adapted to suit a range of abilities.
Our mentors support any young person who needs a little more support. It may be they are having a hard time at school or at home, it may be they are having confidence issues or it could be something more serious they are dealing with in their life.
Mentors are matched with mentees based on the young persons needs and the mentors skill base.
To find out more about mentoring please contact Lorraine Bearchell-Healy on 01228 516280, or email email@example.com
More information can be found on our website: www.carlisleyouthzone.org
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Clint Howat
- Contact Position
- Youth Work Manager
- What's On!
Where to go
- Carlisle Youth Zone
Carlisle Youth Zone
- CA1 1LR
We are accessible to all - there is a ramp, power assisted door, and a lift inside. Our staff are also on hand to assist where necessary.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Juniors: 6:30 - 8:30 (Sat: 1.30 - 3.30) | Seniors: 6.30 - 9:00 | Inclusion (Saturday) 10:00 - 13:00 | Holiday Club: 8:30 - 5:30
- Time of day
- Session Information
Junior Club - 7-12yrs - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
Senior Club - 12-18yrs - (25 with additional needs) - Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
Inclusion Club - 8-25yrs - Saturday
HITZ Holiday Club - 8-14yrs - School Holidays (check our website for details)
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 0.50 Per session £13 Per day
- Our daily club sessions cost just 50p to attend with a membership (£5 annual fee). Our HITZ holiday club costs £13/day. Sometimes a trip will cause the price to increase slightly, but we do our best to keep it as close to £13 as possible.
- Referral required
- Other notes
Our inclusion programme