Asby Endowed School
At Asby Endowed School we pride ourselves on our family atmosphere, and we are able to offer your child unique experiences in a caring, stimulating environment. Staff and governors work in partnership to build on existing good practice and to provide a high quality rounded education for your child.
Our school is in a beautiful setting and the outdoor environment both within the school grounds and the village provide opportunities for outdoor learning. The school has a large outdoor area as part of the Early Years Provision that can be accessed by all the children in Reception, Years 1 & 2.
Our Ofsted inspection in 2018 noted that: "Together with the staff and governors, you have ensured that the school continues to be a welcoming school that serves the local community well. You have created strong relationships with the small number of families whose children attend the school."
Who to contact
Where to go
- Asby Endowed School
- CA16 6EX
Our overarching aim is to raise the aspirations of and expectations for all pupils with SEND. We aim to create an atmosphere of encouragement, acceptance, respect and sensitivity to individual needs, in which all pupils can thrive. We hope to achieve this by paying attention to these specific areas:
- identifying, at an early age, individuals who need extra help and attention
- enabling each pupil to reach his or her full potential, both curricular and extracurricular
- enabling each pupil to partake in, and contribute fully, to school life endeavouring to meet the individual needs of each child
- developing a feeling of self-esteem within the individual
- fostering an atmosphere in our school which will promote a happy, sensitive and secure environment to ensure the most effective learning for all children
- providing for children’s individual needs by supporting them in various ways: whole class, small groups and individual
- monitoring closely those with SEND by review and assessment, to enable us to recognise, celebrate and record achievements
- providing access to and progression within the curriculum for all pupils
- working with parents and other agencies to provide support and opportunities for those children with SEND
- using a variety of teaching strategies, which include different learning styles, to facilitate meaningful and effective learning for all children
- assisting all staff in the delivery of educational entitlement and ensuring all staff are aware of a child’s individual needs
- ensuring access to a range of resources to support staff in their teaching of children with SEND
- including the voice of the child in the monitoring and reviewing process.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Emma Capstick (SENCo)
- Contact Telephone
- 01768 351154
- Contact Email
Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Primary (5-10 years)