GrowIT, BakeIT, UdoIT
Our day services are designed around educational skill building, independence and learning in a fun and inclusive environment.
Person centred planning, achievements and outcomes are at the core of what we do.
We continually develop and evolve around the needs of those we support.
- Gardening & DIY
- we maintain a number of community gardens and work alongside Penrith community gardeners, Ullswater Community College and the National Trust. We get involved in local and office based repairs and renewals and upcycle things like our pallet planters we used for Cumbria in Bloom and our herb gardens. We support Age concern on a number of projects and make ourselves available to the wider community.
- Sport, Health & Fitness - We promote healthy eating through independent cookery sessions and are involved in a host of community sporting events at our local leisure centre, swimming, gym and football.
- Independent Living Skills - We have supported a number of people through our day services into supported living through providing session in Independence living skills which consists of cookery, cleaning, using a washing machine, food shopping, road safety, independent travel and using public transport.Friendships and evening support with mates are encouraged to form real friendships outside of support staff. We volunteer our time and skills to help others in society; we are a valued part of our local community.
- Art & Craft - We run regular arty sessions and are involved with a number of community art projects and groups.
- I.T. Internet, Social media - We teach IT, social media and how to use a host of computers, tablets and mobile phones using internal and external trainers.
- Working with animals - we work together with Eden Animal Rescue and support people to work with cats and dogs.
- We have created a new bakery service which will produce products to sell.
- We have a brand new community service that provides real work 5 days per week, after an initial period will expand as a social enterprise and pay wages to those in the service.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Eden Mencap Society
- CA11 7LY
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Fridays
- Session Information
09.00 - 12.30 12.30 -16.00
we do not open on bank holidays
- Age Ranges
- Referral Details
via Social Worker or direct payments
- Other notes
Work in the Eden Valley of Cumbria, although we may travel out of area for activities.
We support those who have learning disabilities and/or on the autistic spectrum and PMLD. Some of those we support have additional physical and mental health needs.