The Challenging Behaviour Foundation
What is Challenging Behaviour?
‘Challenging behaviour’ is how we talk about a range of behaviours which some people with severe learning disabilities may display to get needs met.
Behaviours might be things like:What-is-CB.png
- Hurting others (e.g. hair pulling, hitting, head-butting)
- Self-injury (e.g. head banging, eye poking, hand biting)
- Destructive behaviours (e.g. throwing things, breaking furniture, tearing things up)
- Eating inedible objects (e.g. cigarette butts, pen lids, bedding)
- Other behaviours (e.g. spitting, smearing, repetitive rocking stripping off , running away)
For more information including formal definitions click here.
Who to contact
Where to go
- C/o The Old Courthouse
New Road Avenue
- ME4 6BE