Church Walk CofE Primary School
Ethos and Aims
As a Church of England School we provide a Christian environment, based on the principles and practices of the Church of England. Through Religious Education, Worship and spiritual development we model and promote tolerance, encouragement and support. Our practices ensure equality for all and we encourage a positive self-image, respect for others and a caring attitude towards the environment and all living things.
Throughout each child’s time at Church Walk School it is our aim that he or she will develop socially, physically, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and morally. We plan for each child’s needs based on our knowledge and understanding of their development. We aim to support their developing skills as learners by:
• Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
• Stimulating active learning experiences that develop children’s awareness of themselves as learners.
• Valuing every child irrespective of gender, age, disability, race or culture, and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
• Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate that success.
• Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self-motivation.
• Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.
Who to contact
Where to go
- LA12 7EN
When children have identified SEND before they start school, we work with the people who already know them and use information available. All children have their progress closely monitored. If for any reason, an individual is not making expected progress, the school will look at ways to give support within the class. If you have any concerns about your child, please speak to either their class teacher in the first instance or the Head teacher.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Rachel Clark (SENCO)
- Contact Telephone
- 01229 587258
- Contact Email
Church Walk CofE Primary School - Special Educational Needs
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Primary (5-10 years)