Academy Secondary with Sixth Form
Keswick School is a co-educational day and boarding school. We invest time in developing positive relationships. These are revealed in personal qualities such as consideration, service and endeavour. Visitors are struck by the disciplined yet caring atmosphere and pupils who are mature, respectful and tolerant.
We value academic achievement, encourage excellence but appreciate that other qualities are equally likely to lead to success later in life. Our pupils broaden their horizons through the wide range of extra-curricular activities that run every lunchtime and evening, from chess, young engineers and horse riding to astronomy, rock climbing and journalism.
Keswick School is a special place. The history and traditions of the school are most evident in our pupils. They enjoy being here and are extremely proud of the school they belong to. If your values and aspirations match ours then you would be welcome to join us.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Keswick School
- CA12 5QB
Keswick School aims to embrace the needs of all pupils and has a whole school approach to SEN. We aim to raise the aspirations of and expectations for all pupils with SEN, provide effective opportunities for academic and social development, respond to pupils diverse learning needs and provide a focus on outcomes and not just provision support.
- To identify, assess and provide for pupils who have SEN and additional needs as early as possible and as quickly as is consistent with thoroughness.
- To work within the guidance provided in the SEND Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years(2014).
- To operate a "whole pupil, whole school" approach to the management and provision of support for SEN.
- To create a positive environment that meets the needs of each pupil, encourages them to develop confidence and self-esteem and recognise the value of their own contribution to learning.
- To provide a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) who will work with the SEND Policy.
- To provide support and advice for all staff working with SEN pupils.
- To take into account the ascertainable wishes of the children concerned and their parents.
- Contact Name
- Miss Jemma Grills (SENCo)
- Contact Telephone
- 01768 772605
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood(16+)
Secondary (11-15 years)