Beetham CofE Primary School
History of the School
There has been a school in Beetham since the late 16th Century. From the 17th Century the building opposite the present school, the old grammar school, was used. In 1904 the present building was built on the site of a former toll house, part of which can still be seen in the teaching area called the Rainbow Room. Over the last few years the school has been extended and updated to make it fit for education in the 21st Century but without losing the original features which give our school its character.
Our school emblem is the Pied Wagtail. This is a busy and inquisitive bird, seen regularly in our playground, which reminds us of our duty to take care of the beautiful environment around our school.
School Opening Times
School is open each day from 8.40 am until 3.15 pm. Lunch break is from 12.15 until 1.15 pm. All children have a 15 minute break in the morning and the children in KS1 have a 10 minute break in the afternoon.
Registration takes place at 8.55 am and lessons start at 9.00 am.
In addition, we offer a daily breakfast club from 8am, and tea club until 4.45pm.
Click here to be directed to St Michael & All Angels Parish Church website
Who to contact
Where to go
- LA7 7AS
- Contact Name
- Ms Wendy Nicholas
- Contact Telephone
- 015395 62515
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Primary (5-10 years)