PANS/PANDAS UK Charity - Support Group
PANS (paediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome) and PANDAS (paediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome associated with strep) are devastating neuropsychiatric conditions that are currently poorly recognised, diagnosed and supported both medically and in schools.
One estimate suggests that up to 1 in 200 children suffer from this condition.
- Resources for parents including diagnostic criteria and details of local support groups.
- Resources for Medical professionals
- Resources for teachers and Schools
- Teacher training package
- Facebook group for parents/caregivers
- Facebook group for Young People age 12-17 with the condition.
- Facebook group for Adults
- Links to further Research
- Advocacy and support from the charity
Children aged 4 to 19 who are displaying symptoms associated with the condition and/or diagnosed with the conditions. Affected children can be in mainstream, alternative, specialist provision or electively home educated.
Please join our Facebook group @panspandasuk, where you can obtain further support as and when needed.
Who to contact
Where to go
All of Cumbria covered. We provide support via our Facebook group PANS PANDAS UK.
- Free at point of access, supported through the PANS/PANDAS UK Charity.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Self-referral, Education provider (consent obtained), SEND Specialists and Educational Psychologists.