Nenthead Primary School
Alston Moor Federation is made up of two primary schools - Nenthead Primary School and Alston Primary School. We have a federation head teacher, a federation assistant head teacher, and one governing body. As a federation, we share facilities and work very closely together to the benefit of both school communities.
The White Paper 'Your Child, Your Schools, our future: building a 21st Century Schools System' (DCSF) outlines what it considers to be the benefits of federations:
By working together, through federation and other partnership arrangements schools can:
• Raise their standards, for example, by shared training, staff supporting each other and developing integrated curriculum and pastoral policies.
• Offer pupils a wider range of opportunities, for example, by holding joint activities or sharing facilities or teachers that might be difficult to sustain individually.
• Develop a range of extended services and activities for pupils and the wider community.
• Improve their leadership and management, for example, through shared headship or School Business Managers.
• Maximise the sharing of resources.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Alston Primary School
Alston Primary School
- CA9 3UF
Children who are identified as having ‘Special or Additional Educational Needs’ are those who require teaching and learning programmes which are ‘additional to or different’ from their peers.
These can be intellectual, emotional, medical, behavioural or physical. Children may have Special Educational Needs or Additional Educational Needs throughout or at any time during their school career. Children with Special Needs are identified as early as possible in order to provide them with the extra support they require either in the classroom, individually or in a small group.
We follow the Local Authority guidelines and the ‘Code of Practice’ regarding the assessment and identification of children with Special Needs. We work closely with a variety of specialists (including the educational psychologist, community paediatrician, physiotherapist, speech and language therapist, occupational therapist, school nurse team etc), to ensure that we meet the needs of all children effectively. Parents and children are actively involved from the very beginning and we value this support.
- Contact Name
- Mrs Kate Bainbridge
- Contact Telephone
- 01434 381400
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (5-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)