Solway Community School
Solway Community School is an LA maintained 11-16, mixed Comprehensive school of approximately 150 pupils, proudly serving the coastal town of Silloth and its surrounding villages. We are constantly seeking to improve and are committed to achieving the best for all our pupils, whatever their abilities.
At Solway, every child matters and we have the time and the skills to ensure that your child has the opportunity to achieve his or her potential. With a excellent computing, science and technology facilities and a spectacular sports hall, which is also open to the community, we are fully equipped to help your child develop as an individual. We provide all pupils with an enriching and exciting education which will prepare them for adult life.
- Our small size makes us special for many reasons:
- Your child soon gets to know all the staff and their way around;
- Even more importantly, staff will know your child as an individual;
- We personalise learning to meet your child’s particular needs;
- The school is a friendly and pleasant place to learn;
- Pupils are almost part of an extended family rather than an institution;
- Older pupils look after the younger ones.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Solway Community Technology College
- CA7 4DD
Solway Community Technology College is committed to providing an appropriate and quality education to all the children living in our local area. We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs (SEN) have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life. Our SEN Policy can be found on the School Website under the Information Tab and Policies.
- Contact Name
- Graham Wigginton (Inclusion Manager)
- Contact Telephone
- 016973 31234
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Secondary (11-15 years)