Ivegill CofE Primary School.
Our school is situated five miles south east of Carlisle, close to Southwaite Services (M6). We have wonderful children and a fantastic team of staff who all work together to try to make learning fun! There is an independent nursey on site which many children attend before joining our school.
We believe the size of our school enables us to provide a welcoming, caring and friendly environment in the children can thrive and enjoy their time at school. Every opportunity is offered to inspire and motivate children in their learning.
Details of our school's Local Offer and a copy of our SEN Policy can be found on our website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Ivegill CofE Primary School
- CA4 0PA
The Code of Practice states that a child or young person has SEN if they have 'a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her’.
A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if he or she:
- has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age, or
- has a disability which prevents or hinders him or her from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools.
There are four broad areas of need. These are:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Sensory and physical needs
Ivegill CE Primary school endeavours to meet the needs of children with Special Educational Needs. The following aims to outline how this is achieved, what to expect from the school and what to do if you (the parent) has a concern.
- Contact Name
- Sue Stainton
- Contact Telephone
- 016974 73397
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Primary (5-10 years)