Lazonby C of E School
The main aim of Lazonby C of E Primary School is ‘To enable each child to make the best possible educational progress…’. Our mission statement says Lazonby is a school:’ where everyone has the opportunity to shine and succeed.’ Thus the Governors and staff recognise that every pupil has special qualities and provides a broad and balanced curriculum for all children, which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
Children may have Special Educational Needs throughout, or at any time during their school career, which may prevent them from reaching their potential. This policy ensures that curriculum planning and assessment takes account of the type and extent of the difficulty experienced by the student.
Teachers take into account, in their planning, a student’s special educational needs. The provision made enables them to participate effectively in all curriculum and assessment activities, in addition to broader aspects of school’s life. Teachers aim to adopt a multi-sensory teaching style to allow for all learning styles.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Lazonby C of E School
- CA10 1BL
- Other notes
Aims and Objectives;
Our SEND policy states that our aims as a school are:
Aims (the longer view)
• To provide a system for the early identification and continuing development of children with Special Educational Needs.
• To raise the aspirations of and expectations for all pupils with SEN.
• To provide a focus on outcomes for our SEN children and not just hours of provision and support.
• To provide all staff with the knowledge, understanding and confidence to enable children with Special Educational Needs to achieve their full potential
Objectives(to do this we will …)
• Identify, at the earliest opportunity, barriers to learning for pupils with SEND.
• Ensure that every child experiences success in their learning and achieves to the highest possible standard
• Work effectively with parents and/or carers and with relevant outside agencies to fully meet the needs of children with SEND.
• Involve children and parents and/or carers in the identification and review of the targets set for individual pupils.
• Work within the guidance provided in the SEND Code of Practice, 2014.
• Provide a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) who will be responsible for the operation of the SEND policy and co-ordination of specific provision made to support individual children with SEND.