Children's Centre - Carlisle West (Newtown)
Carlisle West Newtown is one of 4 Children's Centres that make up Carlisle Urban Children's Centres. The Centre at Newtown covers the wards of Denton Holme, Belle Vue and Castle.
Since 2008 the Centre has been managed by Barnardo's as part of Carlisle Urban Children's Centres. Services are also delivered from community venues including Denton Holme Community Centre, St Bede's Church Hall, Trinity Church Hall as well as other local venues. Children's Centre staff are also based at Morton Children's Centre. There is also a sensory room at Carlisle West Newtown Centre, which is bookable by families for children under 5 (or under 8 years for children with additional needs or disabilities), once an induction has been taken.
The day to day management and provision of service delivery at Newtown Children's Centre is the responsibility of Barnardo's as part of the early help contract which was awarded by Cumbria County Council in April 2015. Through this contract Barnardo's Children's Centres in Carlisle (urban) provide early help services for families with children up to the age of 12 years old.
We are committed to working together in partnership with families, communities and other agencies to encourage each child and their family to fulfil their potential.
Services that the Children's Centre delivers include:
- 1:1 Focus family and home based family support for individual families.
- A range of different parenting programmes from antenatal through to parenting primary aged children.
- Adult learning courses ranging from confidence building to employability.
- Early years services for children aged 0-4 years which promote readiness for school and parental engagement.
- Short break services for young children with additional needs.
- Emotional resilience work with primary aged children individually and in groups.
- Forest school and play sessions for vulnerable children aged 5-12 years.
Find us on Facebook at and 'like' our page to keep up to date with information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Newtown Children's Centre
19 - 21
- CA2 7LD
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (5-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)